Monday, September 17, 2012

~ Calmed and Quieted in My Soul ~

This Psalm explains exactly how I've been feeling lately:

Psalm 131 - "O Lord, my heart is not lifted up; my eyes are not raised too high; I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me. But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me. O Israel, hope in the Lord from this time forth and forevermore."

I've wondered often in recent days: Is this right? Is what I'm feeling contentment, or is it a lack of desire? No. Not a lack of desire, but a quieted heart. A calm within my soul. These days...these young days, are so precious to me. I am not struggling in my faith, I am not doubting myself or my salvation. I am completely trusting in God for everything. I'm not worried about tomorrow; it can worry about itself! I need prayer. I always, always need prayer. But, this peace... this time of rest and calm and quiet...I never want it to leave. And I'm coming to the realization that this joy doesn't depend on rainy mornings, warm tea, or how much work I have to do, but it does depend on God, and the absurd amount of grace I have received, and how that's what keeps me going. His grace gives me breath, it gives me life, it gives me hope, and it gives me this quieted heart. This time in my life is wonderful, and I could list for hours on end the things I'm thankful for. I'm thankful for friends who are always so filled with joy and ready to encourage me, (yes, that means you guys). I don't always have that crazy, bubbly, super-joyful personality that I know some do, and that's just not where God has me right now. I love how He has me right where I need to be right when I need the most to be there.


So, I'm here now.

~ Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment