Wednesday, October 10, 2012

~ Thoughts on Tears ~

Some days, we just need a good cry. My wonderful Literature teacher was talking to us about that just yesterday, and I wondered when the last time I actually cried was.
I cry for feelings, and almost never for pain. Yes, I'll get cuts and scrapes from time to time, but tears almost never come for those times. Even when I do feel something that would make me cry, I suppress the tears as hard as I can, and I don't really know why.
When I got home yesterday, I looked back in my journal and saw that all my recent entries have been short and shallow, mostly just because my thoughts have not been collected enough to write anything other than school recently. I wrote a few pages in that book last night, and I cried. Like, hard. Because I wanted to, that's why. It felt good to get that out of my system and make up my mind about an issue I have been thinking over for a while. God had me cry, and I actually was (believe it or not) encouraged! I felt so wonderful after all of that was done, and this morning feels fresh and new. This past week has been really crazy, and I would like more than anything to just get away from everything for a few days. But, that's not where I am right now, and so it goes on.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

(That's a very popular quote with me and some of my friends, we like it.) :)


Thanks for listening to all my randomness. :)


"Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord? Are you not my workmanship in the Lord? If to others I am not an apostle, at least I am to you, for you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord. This is my defense to those who would examine me." - 1 Corinthians 9:1-3

1 comment:

  1. Sweet friend,

    Something I've realized is that God created us in order to be able to cry...

    When I think upon this, I am even more thankful for the release, peace, and encouragement that can come after them when they are used to wash His feet~ Sometimes, pouring out our hearts before HIm in tears and prayer is one of the most refreshing things one can do! :) It was sweet for me to see Him showing you this also...

    Love you,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete