Saturday, June 29, 2013

~ On Memories ~

It's been so long. But it feels like yesterday. Everything has changed, yet nothing is different. When I think about 2012 and 2013, I can not compare the two. They have each been so full. Full of everything I suppose. New friends, old friends, new music, music that brings back memories, confusion and peril, happiness and contentment, love and hurt, days and nights of summer bliss. Busyness, business. 
God is faithful. I rest in Him. Through sunshine and rain. Through love and pain. 
He is the same. 
Some days I wonder if I could've changed the way things are: If I could've helped or if I could've avoided change. But it's all part of the plan. Not my plan. Thank God it's not my plan. 
I wonder if people miss me when I go. I wonder if friends hold on to memories or if they forget. All I know is that I hold on to every memory I can find, and keep it there. Some memories are clearer than others, but each one is important. What about the things I'd rather forget? I still hold on to those to learn from them. Even if they're embarrassing or it hurts to think back, I must hold on to it. God puts each and every feeling and experience in my life for a reason, and I can't bear forgetting. I do too often forget. 
Forget what I've learned. 
Forget how steadfast The Lord is and become fearful and doubt. 
Forget how much something meant to me. 
Get so caught up in unimportant things that I forget to spend time on the most important thing: a relationship with God. 
But, sometimes I feel like it's best to make new memories instead of dwell on the old ones. 

So let's go out and make some memories. 


Posted from my iPhone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment