Monday, December 10, 2012

~ Memories ~


Ah, Christmas time. Every year it makes me think of the past. This year I've thought about last year, and how epic last Christmas really was. We laughed, we cried, we danced, we ate some pretty great food...it was awesome. I wasn't worried about finals. I didn't have trouble fitting my Bible reading into my schedule (when really, it should come first). But I was also oblivious. My choices and actions would result in something whether I liked it or not, and that something has been this year. This past year has been one of the best years of my life, and also one of the hardest. I guess, rather than best or worst, I should label them fullest or emptiest. 2012 is definitely my very fullest year yet. It seems like everything happened. I really can't list all the things that have gone on this year, but it sure has been a lot. For one thing, I've made some pretty awesome friends, but I lost a few of them, too. Losing them was hard, but gaining new friends was better.


I look back through old text messages and old gmail chats and see the evidence of long internet video hangouts, I listen to my playlist named "January of Last Year," I see pictures and faces and people who used to mean something to me, and I can't help but feel that atmosphere from last year.

I'm sad it's gone, but I'm glad it's over, and that's all I can say about that.

2 comments:

  1. And I understand this so well.
    I'm glad it's over, but when I go back and think of how I used to feel, I sort of miss people. People who I see every single day, but I miss the way they used to make me feel.

    I'm glad it's over. I wonder what our January 2013 playlists will look like? ;)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! You guys are the best. :)

    ~Kendall

    ReplyDelete