Tuesday, September 27, 2011

~ Being Filled with Joy ~

Today I couldn't even hold in all my joy! I had to write it here. My devotion this morning asked the question: do you think much about being holy? Why or why not? My answer was - not much because I am assured in my salvation because of Jesus who makes me clean. However I want to do the best I can to be holy in order to please God because I love him so much! As I wrote these things down I could hardly contain myself and my handwriting became very messy, and I thought about how I should try harder not to sin because I truly do want to please God. That alone is His grace in my life. And so the spiritual quest continues... ~ Psalm 40:8 - I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart. ~ ~ Romans 8:13 - For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. ~ ~ Romans 12:2 - And do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. ~ ~Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment