Wednesday, September 14, 2011

~ Putting Him First ~

It seems every day it gets harder and harder to honor God with our thoughts and words...I know I struggle. My gentle friends help lead me back to Christ in every situation. I want to be that too. In this stage of life, girls (like me) want to throw their hearts to the world and say 'heads up!!', which we all know is not the way to go. God should be our everything every day of our lives! That's the hardest part I think. Putting God first above all else. Given to our sinful nature we can tend to make idols out of things that are not God. When I say idols you probobly get an image in your mind like a statue or an weird looking animal of some sort but, idols can seemlessly sneak into our lives and our hearts. Idols like looks, money, popularity...the list goes on and on. Putting God first is going to be rough, but when in doubt,(and even when not in doubt) go to the Bible, and the Lord will speak to your heart. ~ Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment